Monday, 19 March 2012
Selfridges Film Project | London | Film 1: Alexander McQueen
To celebrate the unveiling of the Womens Designer Galleries in its London store, Selfridges has commissioned The Film Project - a bespoke short film collection. Intended as an experience rather than a conventional exhibition, the free screenings continue until 26 March at the Old Selfridges in London. For those who can't make it to London, the short films from available online and we will be screening a selection on the Aesthetica Blog every day this week.
The Film Project showcases films from some exciting names: A.F. Vandevorst, Alexander McQueen, Ann Demeulemeester, Comme des Garçons, Dries Van Noten, Gareth Pugh and Rick Owens.
Selfridges has appointed curator Emma Reeves to work closely with the designers who have been invited to take part in the project. These designers have created short films which interpret the essence of today’s modern woman: sophisticated, intelligent, confident, stylish, strong and feminine. The designers have chosen to collaborate with a range of international filmmakers from exciting young talent to more established names.
Alexander McQueen film Obscure Desires is directed by the acclaimed cinematographer and art director Dustin Lynn. Watch it for yourself above.
Posted by Aesthetica at Monday, March 19, 2012
March 18 - March 25
- Celebrations of the Strange, the Pathetic and the ...
- A Pilgrimage of Self-Discovery | Idris Khan: The D...
- Mark Storor: a tender subject | An Artangel Commis...
- Birdhead: Welcome to Birdhead Again | Paradise Row...
- Born out of Necessity | Architecture and Design Ga...
- Selfridges Film Project | London | Film 1: Alexand...
- ▼ March 18 - March 25 (6)
- ► 2011 (297)
- ► 2010 (126)
- ► 2009 (78)
- ► 2008 (4)