We've moved


The Aesthetica Blog has moved:


Thursday 12 March 2009

Arts Against Guns Campaign

Having read the paper yesterday with the utmost sadness, I have tried to reach some conclusion or understanding of how 25 people died yesterday from gun shots. 15 in Germany and 10 people in the United States.

When on earth are we going to learn that guns are bad? America has had a lot of gun crime, in fact it's the country in the world that experiences the most deaths due to guns each year, is it over 25,000?

I wonder, why people feel it's their right to own something, which can effectively take away another human life. Why would anyone want one - okay, I understand the whole hunting debate. In fact, my dad used to hunt. My mother still has his old guns in the house, but they haven't been used in at least 20 years, and there aren't any bullets. I guess my mother keeps them for more sentimental reasons.

And with gun crime rife in the UK, I feel like we need to take a stand, some type of action, to get guns out of people's hands and off the streets. Maybe an Arts Against Guns Campaign?

When atrocities occur like yesterday, it just doesn't make sense to me why anyone would want them around. Senseless. A tragic loss of human life.

What's your verdict on guns, then?

Cherie

No comments:

Blog Archive